Sexy Shower Scene....or Not

I'm sure most of you have read a sexy shower scene in a romance book at some point in your life. #noraroberts fan anyone?

Keep that in mind while I tell you how that works in real life.

I was in the shower yesterday when my husband came in to check on me. I've had a terrible cough lately and I thought the steam would help. He did what any husband would do when looking at their wife in the shower and he kissed me, and then our oldest son started banging on the door yelling for my hubby.

Hubby closes the curtain and opens the door. Oldest tells him that our youngest son was messing around with the bird nest in the tree by the front porch. Hubby deals with that, and then shuts/locks the door again.

I hear him shaving. At this point I know I'm going to get kissed again, with no whisker burn. Woot! Woot!

Hubby walks across the bathroom. He reaches one hand up and grabs the shower rod while pulling back the curtain with the other hand. He leans in to kiss me and.....

He pulls the shower rod / curtain down on top of me.

While he's falling he somehow hits the shower head and pulls it down so water is now hitting me in the face.

He continues to fall and grabs the shower dial turning it to freezing.

He's half in the shower at this point fully dressed.

I'm frantically trying to untangle myself from the curtain, and trying to get the water to stop spraying me in the face at the same time. I finally get the curtain sorted, and I'm able to turn off the freezing water.

Hubby stands up dripping wet and looks mostly pitiful. I just started laughing.

Hubby turns around and grabs a towel for himself while I get the shower rod/curtain hung back up.

This is real life.

In romance books the shower is romantic.

In my life the shower is where I have a few minutes to shave my legs. Most of the time.

Often times my husband will come in and talk to me or a kid will sit down on the floor and talk to me. Why do we talk in the bathroom? I have no idea. It's just happened.

I have found out more about my kids while I'm washing my hair or shaving than at any other time. I know it's weird, but it's life. It's not unusual in our house and privacy is respected.

While my shower scene may not be romance book worthy, I wouldn't change it. It shows that hubby and I can laugh at ourselves and we get it.  Life, or even a moment in life, doesn't always go as planned.

Enjoy it anyway.

And if you get a sexy shower scene, I hope it doesn't end in cold water. ;)

-Tracy


No comments

Back to Top