Monday Made It - October 20, 2015

Thank you to 4th Grade Frolics for once again hosting Monday Made It.



I have been crazy busy crocheting and loom knitting these last few weeks. Loom knitting is new to me but I'm loving it.

It's so easy and you see results very quickly. Aside from loom knitting I've been crocheting baby blankets for friends.

I crocheted this blanket for a friends' sweet baby boy. It looks purple in the picture but it's actually a mixture of blue and teal. My oldest son picked out the colors saying it's okay for boys to like teal. This is a v-stitch blanket that is super easy to make. You can follow the video here for a guide.


I very quickly loom knitted this hat using this YouTube video also from Melanie Ham as a guide. I love watching Melanie's videos to figure out a project. She does a great job of explaining the steps.

My daughter has really wanted to learn to knit/crochet but her vision disability has bade that goal difficult. Loom knitting was the answer to her prayers. She's able to see what to do and hasn't gotten frustrated. I can't tell you how proud of her I am.


In my classroom I've been working on a novel study for The Sign of the Beaver. I love this book but couldn't find  resources to go with it so I started creating. It took several weeks but I finally finished it. 


For my next Monday Made It, I want to make these adorable Christmasstockings


Don't you just love them??!!! I don't know all the stitches required though so this one may take a bit. Let the fun begin! 

-Tracy

No comments

Back to Top